Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dec 18th

                                             
Wow!  Rescue the Tatas was a huge success!  From those who helped get ready for the event and those who helped at the event to the Rescue Squad and Flying Squad who donated food to the people who came out on Saturday for some fun, even the weather was perfect and to all those who donated items for the silent auction, raffles and door prizes – Wow! I couldn’t have asked for more.  I think everything was PERFECT.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family that care about us.  Thank you to everyone!

Tomorrow is my next Taxol treatment and I am not looking forward to it.  Actually, I’m kind of looking forward to the actual treatment because I want to test out the Benadryl injection again J  I’ve told my mom that she needs to drop me off because I intend to sleep but I’ve also told her to come back around 12 because I might not sleep or I might wake up and if I do I’ll be hungry and I refuse to eat the box lunches they serve (you know, the ones that make me ill just thinking about them).  What I’m not looking forward to is the pain that came with the Taxol last time.  Dr Barnhill says that it might not be as bad which I’m having trouble believing and she  didn’t really have any ideas for beating the pain so it could be another painful weekend for me.  I did ask for a morphine drip but I guess maybe she thought I was kidding.  She did seem excited when she said that after tomorrow I will be halfway done with my Taxol treatments.  I will try to keep that in mind if I end up with the pain again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment