Wednesday, August 12, 2020

It sucks

 

Like it or not, covid has given us the time to slow down and really feel the feelings.  Of course feeling the good feelings is something that's easier to do.   But it's also given us time to slow down and feel the bad feelings. 

 

Since having cancer I feel like I'm constantly meeting other people who've had cancer.  Before I received my diagnosis it seemed rare to meet someone who'd had cancer.  Now cancer seems all to common. 

 

I've learned a few things about cancer.  The biggest for me is that a cancer diagnosis is not necessarily a death sentence.  Did you read that?  A cancer diagnosis does not, in itself, mean the person will die.  There are some cancers that have a bleak outlook, but there are some that can be cured (like mine). 

 

Along with meeting more people with cancer, some that I've met have to deal with the news that their cancer has metastasized.

 

Stage 4, or cancer that has spread or metastasized, is bad.  I'd never deny that or pretend to know what it feels like.  I can only imagine that it sucks, big time.  UGH.  The encouraging thing I've seen through all my "cancer friends" is that you can live as a stage 4 cancer Survivor.  They'll always be on treatment and the hope is that the treatment is working.  

 

The reason I bring this up is that I've had 2 friends in the past 3 weeks hear that their cancer has metastasized.  Two young friends (around my age. I'm young right?).

 

I ask that you pray for my friends and all cancer survivors.  Help them find a community of others who are faced with similar situations.  Donate a little to help ease the financial burden if you'd like to.  


Kelly's friends set up a gofundmepage https://gf.me/u/yn6r8z

Elizabeth's friends are selling magnets and bracelets

Do NOT feel sorry for us!  We are strong, powerful women and we are all cancer THRIVERS!






2 comments:

  1. Well said! As a stage 4 cancer patient I intened to live my life until my very last day. Women and men diagnosed with cancer, are some of the strongest, determined, optimistic people you will ever meet. We know the value of life and refuse to waste it... Bisous

    ReplyDelete