Wednesday, March 26, 2014

An ultra sound, a biopsy, ct scans, a shot (3 actually) and an ultrasound


One whiskey, one shot and one beer sounds so much better!  George Thorogood really knew what he was talking about.
Two Thursdays ago I felt a lump in my breast and I’m not trying to be paranoid but I told Dr. Barnhill about it and she said to get an ultra sound from Dr. Jones so I did, that afternoon.   While looking at the ultra sound Dr. Jones said to get a biopsy, so I did that last Tuesday.  Then Thursday, while waiting for my lab results for chemo I received a call from Dr. Jones’ office saying the preliminary biopsy results were good, the lump is not cancer.  When the lab results for chemo finally came back (3.5 hrs after my appointment time) I was told my white blood cell count was low, I would not be getting chemo and that I needed shots to boost my count.  I was also told my liver enzymes were elevated and I needed ct scans of my abdomen and pelvis, so I went to the hospital across the way and had that done.  Then I went back to the cancer center for my shot.  Then I went to Cancer Yoga.  Ahhhhh
Friday I needed to go back for a shot and while waiting I received a call that my ct scans showed a 6cmx6cm mass on my right ovary.  I also went for a shot at 7:30am Saturday morning.
Yesterday I had an ultrasound of the 6cmx6cm mass on my ovary.  Luckily this is only a cyst.  I imagine if I didn’t have cancer we’d be a little concerned about the cyst but we aren’t and neither is my doctor.  
Bobby and I celebrated last night.  Maybe not with one whiskey, one shot and one beer but definitely not an ultra sound, biopsy, ct scans, shots or any other ultrasounds!


No comments:

Post a Comment