Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Challenges


During this quarantine time where we can't really do much outside the home, I've been taking on challenges.  I am trying to plan how I will continue challenging myself once the world reopens.  I know I can do it but it might take time to figure out when.  After all, we're 51 days into quarantine and I still haven't figured out what time I should get up when I don't have to be anywhere.
  
I'm doing the Next 90 Days Challenge which is free.  We're 44 days into this one but you can still start. https://thehollisco.com/pages/next90 Practice Gratitude, move 30 mins a day, drink the water, give up one food item/group for 30 days and get up 1 hour earlier (this was so much easier when I had to go into the office!) to help us live intentionally and with joy.

I'm starting the Start Over Challenge with Dean Graziosi and Tonny Robbins.  This starts today so I don't know yet what I've gotten myself into! www.startoverchallenge.com

My friend Rikki has shared a few of the workout challenges.  Check her out on Facebook   https://www.facebook.com/groups/girlonfirecoach/   and her website:   https://www.girlonfirecoach.com/   The first challenge I participated in was a push up, squat, jumping jack and burpee challenge.  Ugh I made it through to the end.  Right now I'm doing a lunge, Russian twist, squat jump and push up challenge.  I decided I'd do the lunges, squat jumps and push ups in the church parking lot that I walk by. 

There are two parking lots.  One for lunges...
  

I've made up a story about what people must think when they see me doing squat jumps and lunges by myself.  People must think "wow she must be an athlete doing her drills."  You guys, they probably don't even notice me.  Right?  I'm trying to think where this mindset came from and I've decided it stems from the non-cancer related surgeries I've had.  Right shoulder surgery, right wrist surgery, left wrist surgery and two surgeries on my right hip.  If you read that and didn't know me, wouldn't you think to yourself, "she must be a football player!"  Again, probably not but let me tell you, making up these stories helps me get through these crazy challenges that I've decided I should do.   
The second parking lot is for squat jumps and push ups.  I've finished!

What do you think about when you do workouts you don't want to do?  How do you get through tough workouts?  I've been learning that you don't necessarily have to be motivated, you have to create habits that propel you to do certain things.   So I've created habits that work for quarantine and I will have to create new habits for when we can go places again.  All of the habits are works in progress because our lives our constantly changing and I think they will for awhile.  I believe that all of these challenges I'm doing are helping me create habits that will help me grow, whether we're in quarantine or not.

I looked down and found blood on my arm! This picture is after I wiped some off.  Only a true athlete would randomly find blood on their arm, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment