Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How many setbacks can one handle?


I was hoping to provide an update last Thursday, after I got my PET scan results but I didn’t get a PET scan so I had no results to share.  My insurance was being difficult so I couldn’t get the PET scan but my doctor assured me he’s going to do what it takes to get the scan approved so I’ll probably be getting it in the next few weeks.
I did have my surgery yesterday to remove the tumor.  Everything went well and I came home last night.  This morning I was supposed to meet with my Oncologist but she got a flat tire on the way into work so we postponed that appointment til Thursday. 
I should probably be more frustrated with these setbacks but I don’t know, maybe I’ve learned to accept the things I can’t control (cancer, other people, car tires) or maybe it’s the Percocet that I’m on J 
If you’re going to sign up for the Race for the Cure it’s next Saturday, 10/26.  The last day to signup online is tomorrow, 10/16. The team name Kickin’ It Pink (not Kickin It Pink for Kristyn!)   Bobby and I plan to push Micah in the stroller, I know some people are running and I imagine someone will stay back and hold down the fort so don't try to get out of it by saying you're out of shape because we have every fitness level covered here!  this link should take you to the signup page:

Micah and me watching Mickey




Helena at the Sweet 16 her mom threw for her

Nana and Micah















Bobby and Micah

6 comments:

  1. Bobby and Micah are a couple of hoodlums. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, percocet! Glad the surgery went well. Hang in there. XO, r

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have the right attitude of acceptance for the things that we can't control. Thinking about you a lot - wish I could be there to run (or walk)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! Wish you were here to run (or walk) too!

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about you a lot because I recently befriended a gal who reminds me so much of you. I miss you and am wishing you the best. Thank you for keeping me in the loop. I really hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding people who remind me of my friends that I can't be with as often as I'd like!

      Delete