Monday, October 21, 2013

Logically...

Logic doesn’t work with cancer.  I explained to Dr Barnhill how this logically should work and she said, yes logically that is how it should work.  But cancer isn’t logical. 

I remember writing during chemo about having 6 appointments in one week.  I topped that with 6 appointments in 2 days.  Thursday I had 3 appointments and Friday I had a bone scan (1st appt), doctor appointment (2nd appt) and 2 CT scans (3rd appt).  I’m not complaining, these appointments weren’t difficult but I sure am worn out! 

One of my appointments on Thursday was with Dr. Barnhill, my Oncologist.  She took some time talking with us about the “new” diagnosis and answering questions then she introduced us to Dr Kraus, my Radiation Oncologist.  He is great, another great doctor added to my list of doctors.  He assured us he will treat us, all of us, as his family.  I have his cell number, he hugged me, kissed my mom on the cheek and shook Bobby’s hand.  He said he has no margin for error, that he will radiate me perfectly.  I feel like I’m in good hands. 





The doctors ordered some scans for me because I was unable to get the PET scan.  Now that I’ve had surgery they think we should wait until after radiation for the PET scan so I had two CT scans and a bone scan which we should have the results for on Thursday.  For now, I just have this rocking bruise from the needle and stuff they injected.






 


Oh yes, I’ll share part of a commercial I heard this morning.    I only remember the last statement – The two risk factors for breast cancer are being female and getting older.  Gee, thanks for that awesome information. 

2 comments:

  1. I read your comment on the risk factors and immediately thought of ACS's slogan "Helping People Celebrate More Birthdays!" June 20th -- every year!! I already know you are tough with all you have gone through... just know that even though we are not with you day-by-day, our thoughts and prayers are for you. Lots of love from Apple Valley, CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Naomi, that means a lot! You remember my birthday??? Hello to all in Apple Valley.

    ReplyDelete