Friday, February 28, 2014

Do blonds really have more fun?


Since I’m married with a kid AND  I have cancer, we might not find out the true answer.  But I am blond!  Eight days ago I had brown hair with high lights.  Today I have straight up blond hair.  Bleach blond hair.  There is no brown in my hair.  None.  I decided I wanted to do something a little crazy since I might lose my hair.  And you might ask, what if you don’t lose your hair?  Well then, I will shave it because I’m not keeping this blond-hair-thing up!  I don’t have the time (or money!) to get my hair done every 2 weeks so I’m going to enjoy the bleach blond hair while I can.  I might get a crazy hair cut soon too.  Why not?!

My first round of chemo was last Thursday and I think it went fine.  I’ve had a little nausea and I’ve been extremely tired but I can handle that.  If you don’t know how nausea feels it’s kind of like feeling queezy but not being sick.  It’s annoying but for me it’s not debilitating.  Unfortunately, if I eat it sort of goes away and since the 10 pounds I gained the first time I went through chemo haven’t gone away I really don’t want to add anymore!  But, feeling ok is better than looking ok.  I guess J  I was talking to Missy, my chemo nurse, yesterday and she said the people who lose a lot of weight during chemo are generally the ones who don’t feel good so…  ugh… I’m ok not being skinny.  I guess J

Yesterday was Day 8 of my cycle and my lab results were within the right margins so I was able to get chemo.  My first round is complete!  I’ll go back on day 20 which will be March 12 to get my labs done again to make sure I can get chemo on Day 21, March 13th. 

It’s hard to explain the cycle - Day 1, Day 8, Day 21 begins the cycle over so it becomes Day 1 again.  I was told that Day 8 often gets pushed back because lab results aren’t good but I suppose Day 21 can get pushed back too since they test my blood then too.  And the count begins on the day I get chemo so if Day 8 gets pushed back to Day 9 then Day 21 would become Day 22.  Whatever…  I am really trying to not plan things which is REALLY hard for me being that I’m a TOTAL planner.  And a side note, if the days get pushed back it isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It doesn't mean I'm sick or anything, it just means my lab results weren't in the right range. 








Brown w/highlights at PDX
Baby hairs!
Brown morning hair
orange
Day 1 of chemo, not quite blond enough
Orange mlorning hair




Strawberry blond/Pink.  But not quite drastic enough for me!



Blond!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment