Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Think outside the box



I've noticed that my right eye twitches and that my teeth hurt, which I think is from my tongue pushing on them out of anxiety or stress or something.  I have had minor anxiety since my cancer diagnosis and have been on some form of medication since then.  Every now and then I'll call my doctor and ask her to change the medication or dose.  I met with her today to figure this out so I told her I exercise, drink water, get sunlight, don't feel stressed, etc… so am not sure what else I can do.   She asked if I meditate.  The answer is No.  I've done two-1 hour meditations recently but I don't consider that to mean I meditate.  She suggested meditation two times a day for 10 minutes each time. I mentioned that I listen to podcasts while I run/walk now and she suggested even running/walking without distraction as a form of meditation.  This way I won't have to carve out an additional 20 minutes of time in my day.  I'm not sure I'm going to do that because I really like my podcasts but I like the idea of easily incorporating meditation into my life. 

I thought I was doing pretty much everything I could to be healthy so when my doctor suggested mediation I was surprised but I listened.  Meditation could be the thing to help me and it's free!  Thinking outside the box is what's making things work right now.   Or at least doing things differently - I realized  I need to write down a daily schedule so others have some idea of how things should roll.  I wouldn't consider that "outside the box" but it's different from what I'm used to.  This time of change is hard.  The unknown sucks.  I think talking to family and friends, even our doctors, helps us deal and gives us new ideas of how to handle things.  Don't be afraid to speak up!  I am positive you're not alone.  I am positive there is support out there.  It just might seem a little outside the box. 

Oh my gosh. And then I found this quote.  

Is there really a box?


No comments:

Post a Comment