Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Writing It Down

As intentional as I’m trying to live, I haven’t figured out blog post timing!  I started on a Monday and thought I’d produce a post on Mondays.  But I forgot on the second Monday.  So I wrote one on Friday and posted it.  I forgot to send one the following Friday. So then I thought, well I’ll do it on Mondays.  But today is Wednesday and I'm still trying to get it done!  


I’ve noticed that my Start Today Journal, where I write 5 things I’m grateful for and 10 goals that I have, really makes a difference in the things that I'm aware of on a consistent basis.  For instance, having to come up with 5 things I’m grateful for means I’m looking for those things throughout the day.  The first thing I do when I wake up is pull out my journal.  Ok, maybe it’s the 5th  (pee, let the dogs out, make coffee, drink water) but I do try to do it first thing.  I come up with 5 things from the last 24 hours that I am grateful for.  This not only starts my day on a good note by thinking about positive things from the day before, it also puts me in a positive state of mind as I look to the next 24 hours. 


I also write down 10 goals that I have.  These are goals I want to make happen in the next 10 years, they are not goals for the day.  For instance, one goal of mine was that I ran an entire 5k.  I say was because I accomplished it when I ran the virtual Crescent City Classic 10k!  I wrote "I ran a 5k" every day for at least 3 months.  I write the goals as if they’ve already happened because it changes the way your mind thinks about the goals.  I had the goal to run a 5k and then I figured out what I needed to do to be able to say “I ran an entire 5k.”  Writing it down,daily ingrained it into my mind.  Another goal is "we went on a yacht vacation."  And as soon as I started writing this, I started seeing opportunities where it could happen. **: 

When thinking about my blog yesterday,  I realized that perhaps I need to write down my plan so I see it daily. If I’m going to make it a habit, like writing in my journal, I need to be intentional about it.  And by the way, I completed my first journal.  I committed to myself to write in my journal every morning and you know what?  I missed a few days since January 1st but I completed my first journal!  I’m so proud of myself for keeping that commitment to myself.

Now that I've determined Wednesday is the day, and it's in print, you can expect to see blog posts from me every Wednesday whether you want to see them, or not ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž



** This is the kind of yacht I'm talking about.  I will be writing that goal, every day, for much longer than 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment