Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Should I Pinch Myself?


I was invited to attend the recording and filming of a bunch of local artists coming together to record their version of Purple Reign by Prince.  The recording is for the You Night 2020 Purple Reign - Let Love Reign virtual runway show.  When you are forced to pivot and you do it with open eyes, open heart and open mind the possibilities are endless. 

Whoa.  Wow.  Should I pinch myself?  I felt like I was watching the filming of “We Are The World.”  OMG I didn't know I could have goosebumps for 3 hours straight and I still have them!  It was so powerful to hear them sing the chorus the first time, and every time after.  To see musicians work together - and sing their hearts out - amazing.  

Dalila Seruntine (singing) with Groovy 7 put this whole thing together

Music brings us together.  I wonder if they realize the impact they have on the world.  I remember meeting Walter 'Wolfman' Washington and telling him that he's famous and he laughed and said "Oh I don’t know about that!" All of the artists had that same air about them last night.  I don't think they knew exactly why they were meeting and maybe didn't fully understand, even after we explained, but they showed up ready to sing.  And when we told them the song was going to be used for a cancer survivor runway show, we became the stars. 





1 comment: