Wednesday, June 24, 2020

We all need a little patience

When Helena arrived home for the funeral of her cousin, Edi Lara, Jr* who died unexpectedly at the age of 26, she asked what I planned to wear to the service. 

 

Helena arrived home on Wednesday and the service was on Friday.  Her clothes are packed away for the summer and her outfit question was valid. Even Edi’s sister needed to go shopping since she arrived in sweats, coming from Maryland.  My response was, “That’s 2 days away.  I am strictly one day at a time these days.”  I mean, how do you plan when things change on a daily basis?  

 

You certainly don’t plan an untimely death of an amazing 26 yr old family member or friend.  You don’t plan for your parent to be diagnosed with cancer (just so you know I’m not referring to my mom but it’s still horrible).  You definitely don’t plan for your own diagnosis (again, someone I know.  Not myself.  But again, it’s horrible).  I did not plan for a pandemic.  I didn’t plan riots or tropical storms. 

 

I’m not going to ask “what’s next” or “what else” because I don’t want to know.  Can't we all use a little patience (for real, click the youtube link!).  I guess that's the skill I'm learning through this.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc


Ok, so maybe the song doesn't completely match the patience I am learning but I love this song. 



*We are deeply saddened about the loss of a great guy.   I really don’t think I ever heard a negative word about Edi.  I only met his dad’s side of the family on a few occasions so I would forget that we weren’t his only family and would invite him for holidays and Saints games.  When he declined, he was always respectful and it was usually because he was going to his (paternal) Grandma’s house.  I also know he’d stop by and call his (maternal grandma) MawMaw to check in.  He was raised right and it’s tragic that he’s gone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment