Friday, January 4, 2013

Jan 2nd



January 2ndI’m currently sitting in my chair for my 3rd round of Taxol.  The 2nd treatment was not as bad as the first.   I did have some pain but not like the 1st treatment.  I also took Vicodin and Lortab every 4 hours which might have helped.  I’m hoping this 3rd round is similar, or better, but we’ll just have to wait and see. 
I’m starting to get a little nervous about my surgery.  Not the surgery itself but the recovery because I think it’s going to hurt!  I know I can handle the recovery but that doesn’t mean it won’t hurt.  I’m hoping my hair starts to grow back during that time, when I probably won’t be doing a ton of things. 
I’m also a little sad that I won’t be seeing my chemo nurses anymore after my last treatment on 1/16.  Hopefully that didn’t jinx me, I guess there’s still a chance that more treatments will be necessary.  And I will have to come for checkups every 6 months so I can always pop my head in if I miss them too much.   
Christmas was good.  And Helena ended up getting to be here this week which has been nice.  Our house is full but it’s full of love so that makes it feel good to be here.  New Year’s Eve was mellow for us.  Bobby worked and I went to dinner with some friends and out for a drink after and then home to fall asleep on the couch at 10:30, woke up at 11:30 to move to bed.  I missed midnight but I know it happened because I woke up the next morning and it was 2013. 


I don’t think 2012 was all that bad.  I had to look through my calendars to see what all I did since my memory is kind of nonexistent right now.  I found a lot of good things we did!  And I’m going to show you with pictures because I think pictures are much more interesting.

Mardi Gras
 
 

Dominican Republic for a wedding
 

Easter
 

French Quarter Fest (don’t worry, the can isn’t open!)
 

Jazz Fest
 

July 4th
Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw with Mary Lou (Bobby's mom)
 

Red Dress Run (NOFD guys)
 
Weathering Hurricane Isaac (doing our best to stay cool!)
 
Portland with cousins (The cousins meet for the first time in OR even though they live in CA and LA)
 

And then September 24th came along and I received my diagnosis.  (This is the day after, notice the bags)

But we still had good times!
 

And visits from friends
 
 

My favorite guys
 

Nana and Micah at their favorite place
 

My favorite kids
The fortune I got at lunch today (1/3) and I fully believe is true!

1 comment:

  1. April 2nd! Yep, lots of good things ahead for you and your family (the small and the big parts of your family)! Trusting and Believing with you!!

    ReplyDelete