Thursday, February 7, 2013

Post-op

I know most of you received Bobby’s text and/or email that I was out of surgery and we appreciate your texts and emails in response.  Thank you for keeping me in your prayers!

The surgery took about 7 hours and I got to my room around 5pm Tuesday.  The time went by quickly for me, I don’t remember a thing!  But I think it went by a bit slower for Bobby, luckily he was able to take a nap on the Murphy bed in my room.  The nurses checked my vitals every hour the first night.  Last night they checked my vitals every 4 hours and I was able to get some better sleep.  I am pretty sore, mostly in my abdomen right now.  All wires/tubes were disconnected from me Tuesday afternoon and my pain meds are now pills instead of the IV Drip and PCA pump (which I liked because I could give myself more pain meds every 10 minutes!).  Wednesday I moved from my bed to a chair in my room, went on a walk down the hall and another walk down 2 halls to watch a bit of a parade.  Today I’ll get to take a shower and walk around the whole floor.  The doctors said everything went really well and they are pleased with their work.  And all of the nurses and staff here are so nice and caring.
Micah was able to come see me Wednesday evening and while it was hard to not hold him we did have him stand on the bed and I stood up so I could give him a hug.  He loved hiding in all the closets and attempting to hide on shelves.  The shelf thing didn’t go so well.
Oh and good news!  The doctors are 95% sure the cancer did not get into my lymphatic system!!!  We should know for sure at my post-op visit on Monday.  I will be happy to know for sure that it did not spread since we know my tumor was very aggressive.  It actually grew between my ultrasounds on 1/18 and 2/1 so having my surgery so soon was definitely a good thing.
I don’t know when I’ll be discharged but I’m still hoping for Saturday so I can continue being cared for by the nurses.  They seem pretty impressed with my progress though so they might try to send me home on Friday.  We will keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment