Friday, October 19, 2012

Racing, Posing, Shopping


Tomorrow is the New Orleans Race for the Cure and I’m excited!  We’ve got a team of about 26 members, team t shirts, bandanas, a banner and great weather!  Thank you again to everyone who joined our team and/or donated under our team name.  I am in awe that, in less than 3 weeks, you have all done so much! 
We went and picked up the banner today.

I need to work on my Bad Ass pose, I look more like I'm trying to pose like a statue. Thank you Uptown Graphics for printing this banner for free!

Helena and I had a little fun shopping:

 
I originally planned to work part-time through this but have decided against that and today was my last official day to work.  I’ll begin my short term disability stint in a full time status on Monday and am looking forward to this.  While I didn’t mind attempting to work I realized I was running like normal and haven’t had the chance to slow down.  Taking this time off will allow me to focus on my health, my family and getting through this.  I’ll begin to do a little research because I still haven’t (thank God for the doctors who know what they’re doing!!) and watch some daytime TV, maybe find a new hobby but mostly take it easy so my body isn’t run down.  My manager says she’s fully supportive of this, which I believe and am very thankful for. 
I added a link on the right side of the page for the meal calendar.  Let me know if you have questions about this.   
I’m also adding a link for those of you who want to make donations.  I hesitate to do this because I don’t want anyone thinking I’m asking for money.  But people are asking how they can make donations so I’m putting the ability out there.  Please, Please, Please do not feel obligated.  I am trying to accept all the help that is offered to me and it is difficult because I try to be independent and strong and blah blah but I’ve been told that it is my time to receive.  So when it is my time to give, I will do so with a happy heart.  I want to give, I want to help, it’s hard to think that I can’t right now.
Speaking of giving with a happy heart, I want to thank First Baptist of New Orleans.  We “found” this church (it’s not hard, you can’t really miss it when driving on I-10) a few years ago and have been amazed at the outreach this church does.  When Micah was born my mom called the office to see if the pastor ever made hospital visits.  This man I’d seen a handful of times walked into my hospital room and I looked at him and said “Hey you’re the pastor aren’t you?”  Yep, he came and visited in the hospital and then him and his wife visited us at home.  The church delivered meals on Wednesday nights when I was recovering from a C Section and they are delivering dinners on Wednesday nights through my treatment.  And today, my phone rang with a number I didn’t recognize but I answered it anyway.  It was Pastor Crosby, on his cell, calling me to see how I was doing.  And he said to make sure I save his number into my phone in case I ever need anything. Did I tell you the Sunday service averages about 750-800 people?  And the Pastor called ME to see how I was doing.  Wow. 
So, to wrap up, things are good today :) 


1 comment:

  1. We had a great time at the race! Just know you have our full support and tons of prayers! Focus on your health and family. We'll take care of rest!

    ReplyDelete