Saturday, October 27, 2012

What's done is done

My hair is gone!  Bobby shaved it off tonight.  He didn’t bic it but he used his clippers and it’s gone.  It took my strong husband to make things happen,  on my own I think I might have made excuses all night long.  My scalp was sensitive but not painful and my hair was coming out in strands, not clumps but I didn’t want to deal with that.  There’s no turning back now although Bobby did stop and ask if I was sure my hair was going to fall out.   I think it was at about this point when he asked:
Put a little gel in it and it looks alright (so glad Helena was here for this!):
 
We kept going and I got to add my personal touch:
And then Bobby got back to work (with my mom in the background, recording the entire thing):
 
now we have two bald people in our family

As for my health, I’m still feeling alright.  My energy level is low, sometimes when I pick up Micah he feels more like a 5 yr old than a 2 yr old, but I’m not sick (yet) and I can still pick him up.   I can still eat and I don’t have a lot of symptoms that some of the women I’ve met are experiencing.  I am thankful for all of this.  I imagine at some point I’ll hit a bump, even a mountain, but I know I’ll keep fighting.  I might need to be reminded that things will get better but I will keep fighting. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Patricia! Wait.. are you talking to Bobby??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHah! NOW you look like your drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your family! Grateful that God is still God and in the bussiness of giving strength to endure the storm.

    ReplyDelete