Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I like surprises!


Throughout the past year-and-a-half I've discovered that I like good surprises.  After my radiation treatment yesterday the therapist said I only have 7 treatments left.  I thought I had 10 so not that much of a difference but exciting none the less.  Starting today I am getting “the boost” which is a targeted radiation treatment to the incision area where they removed my tumor.  I will not need xrays and will only get radiation from one angle, from what I understand.  What does this mean?  It means my treatment should take about 1 minute instead of 15-30 minutes. 
Here’s a recap of the past few months.  It seems clear as day to me since I’m going through it but I know it’s not clear to everyone else. 
6/20/13 – went in for my annual exam.  My OB/GYN found a lump and sent me to my breast surgeon to get an ultra sound.  My breast surgeon said it looked like a fat necrosis (masses of dead fat, common with breast surgeries and nothing to worry about) and to come back in 3 months for a check-up.
9/26/13 – went back for my check up and the mass that was thought to be a fat necrosis had grown so we did a biopsy and the mass was actually cancer, not fat necrosis.
10/14/13 – surgery to remove the tumor

12/10/13 – started radiation.
1/30/14 – radiation should be done.  I meet with my Oncologist and make plans to get my port put back in so I can start chemo.
 
My superkids always ready to take care of me!

 
Moms bday dinner

 
We had a GREAT visit with Uncle Jim (my moms cousin)

No comments:

Post a Comment