Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 1 - Done

Well, I made it.  Day 1 of Chemo is in the past (almost!)  Bobby took me to my appointment and we waited almost an hour to be called back.  Then when we got to the infusion room I felt abandoned by the nurse that called me back.  Literally, she called my name, some other man came back with us and I was never spoken to again.  When we got in the room she walked away and didn't say a word so there we were, just standing there.  I've been pretty calm and collected this whole time but this was about to make me lose it.  Poor Bobby wasn't sure how to support me.  We gathered our stuff and walked back to the waiting room.  The didn't even realize I had left for like 15 minutes.  I had already started looking up other cancer centers in the area and if this wasn't for chemo, for breast cancer, for this dumb thing that I NEED treatment for I might have left.  I would have left.  But I stuck it out and it turned out ok.  My nurse for the day, Missy, said "we have fun here" and I thought, Oh Really???  It turns out "we" do! 
The lady sitting next to me just started today also and is on the same plan as me so we'll be seeing each other every 2 weeks for 4 months.  Our cases are a little different and I hope that we both come out of this smiling like we did today. 
I went to the American Cancer Society Look Good, Feel Better little class today during my treatment (Pulled my big ol' chemo dripping IV thing with me) and got a bunch of free makeup and 2 wigs!  Check out my loot

2 comments: