Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Get It Checked


So this is what I want to say today - get it checked.
If I didn't have my annual exam appointment I would not have known I have cancer. So is that bad? I mean, I don't feel sick or like I have cancer but I do. If I didn't have my appointment I would still be sitting here, like normal, with it growing inside of me. Seven days ago I was "fine." I'm so happy I didn't reschedule that appointment and that I remembered to ask my Dr about the lump I found. And that she said to get an ultrasound and I listened. I only put it off one week (because I called the wrong place the first time).

If you have something suspicious, weird, strange, different, painful, etc… Get It Checked.  My annoying annual exam saved my life.

1 comment:

  1. K-
    I'm proud of you. I think of you often.
    Thank-you for sharing,
    Aleks.

    ReplyDelete