Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 3 of how many???

Wow!  What a week.  We have at least 41 orders for Kickin' It Pink for Kristyn T shirts!  Thanks to Christy for getting this going.  I have a logo for my fight against breast cancer!  I'll share it once it's final but it's pretty bad ass.  I'M pretty bad ass!  Ok, Roxanne thinks I'm pretty bad ass. ha ha She designed the logo and did an awesome job.  Katie started the team for the Race For the Cure and did a great job with that - we currently have 25 people on our team! And we beat our donation goal! You are all amazing supporters of me and this fight.  If I leave you out in my thank you's please know I haven't forgotten about you,  Maybe at the end of this I'll give a thank you speach :)  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers because this is only the beginning. 
So yesterday I took a Xanax because my insides were going crazy - like a volcano running through me (not on fire, just going all over) or maybe like a bunch of little kids running all over the place, inside my veins. UGH!  I guess that was nerves in anticipation of what is yet to come.  Then Cristie came and took me to my white blood cell shot (maybe I'll learn the technical terms some day but for now, who cares?!) which I took a vicodin for beforehand because I heard the shots make your bones hurt.  We decided we needed to stop at the Bulldog on the way home to sit on the patio and enjoy ourselves for a little.  This was nice!  Then we picked up Micah and came home.  Sweet little Micah, he has no clue what's going on and just makes me smile all the time. 
Today I'm feeling ok.  I might have a bit of a stomach ache, I really don't know.  I think if I ignore it I'll be ok so I plan to go to the mall to get some sweats since I'll be lounging around for the next 4 months and a b.day present for Helena because she turned 15 on Tuesday!  Wow!  She will definitely remember her step mom going through cancer and I'm sure it'll be hard to see but she's dealt with some tough stuff in her life (losing her house twice, once from Katrina and again from Isach) and is a really strong girl.  Anyway, we're celebrating tomorrow.  Manicures, the mall, ice cream cake, pizza and whatever else the day brings!
Oops I took a detour there.  So I'm feeling ok, keeping up on my meds, and hoping and praying really hard that I don't get sick. But if I don't get sick, how will I lose weight?  oh geez, is that really the most important thing Kristyn??? :)  No, but let me tell you if I have to go through all this crap, I better get something good out of it!  Including life, of course!

2 comments:

  1. You've got this! Stay strong! Enjoy the day with Helena tomorrow. Wish Haley and I could join you! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just know that YOU ARE MY HERO and I love you dearly. You have always been there for me, no matter what. I hope that in return I can do the same for you. You are so strong and you've got this! Cancer ain't got nothin on you.

    BTW...I <3 the logo and I want a t-shirt. :) I may not be there to do the race with you physically but I will be there in spirit! (Cheesy I know) :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete