Thursday, November 1, 2012

A little update


As I sit here watching the CMA’s I am pumped!  (Way to go Miranda Lambert!  I love her music!)  I want to go to concerts and hang out with friends and listen to some good live music!  But it’s probably better that I am sitting on my couch, in sweats, with water.  I’ll have plenty of time for fun. 
I am attempting to walk for exercise and fresh air.  I went for 1 mile on Monday and then went to Made Fit, the exercise class at church, in the evening and overdid it.  So I didn’t walk Tues or Wed.  Then today I went for 2 miles.  It’s tough walking the path I used to run, and even tougher when I think that it actually is tough to walk.  But it feels good to be out there walking.  Here’s a pic from my walk (Lafreniere Park looks pretty nice!):

I’m feeling pretty good, definitely tired but hanging in.  I am going to see my surgeon tomorrow to make sure my port and the tube that is connected to the vein in my neck is ok.  My neck is sore and I want to make sure there’s nothing wrong.   I got a cold sore on my lip, I used to get these but haven’t for at least 6 years (haven’t had one since I moved to New Orleans).  I’ll assume this came from the stress my body is under.  My mouth is feeling raw right now and I’m hoping this is from something I ate yesterday and not the beginning of the mouth sores some chemo patients get.   And my buzz cut is sadly going to be cut shorter because my hair continues to fall out.  I went to Macy’s today looking for scarves but ended up with some super cute red heals instead, oops!  I’m not sure if the scarves you wear on your head are different from the ones you wear around your neck so I’m on a search.  Still not super keen on the whole wig thing but also not sure how I’ll like a slick and shiny WHITE bald head.  I’ve been talking about going for a spray tan for awhile, I might just do it but I don’t think they get your head because most people have hair! 
For those of you who don’t get the Metairie Picayune, I made the front page!  Hot Damn!  Bet you didn’t think I’d ever be on the front page. 

1 comment:

  1. It is a pretty sad social life when you sit at home with your mom watching the CMAs. But your day will come again when you can do the things you love to do. It is a pretty night in NOLA. The night before your garage sale - what were you thinking!?! Silly girl! You needed to be sleeping instead of working out your garage sale last week when you couldn't sleep at night! Sorry to say it is one of the side affects of your meds and I cannot make it better. I see you as a very organized woman in need of a good night sleep before a very full day tomorrow. Remember I am here for you.....143mom

    ReplyDelete