Thursday, November 29, 2012

Nov 28 and 29


Nov 28 – Yesterday I was thankful for a day of nothing!  I took Micah to school and unfortunately cancelled plans with his Maw Maw (so sorry Mary Lou!) and rested the entire day.  We will make up the missed lunch with Maw Maw since I know those are very important!
Nov 29 – This is going to sound bad but I’m thankful that November is almost over.  I do enjoy sharing with everyone and am thankful for way more than I’ve posted but I did feel a little pressure to stay caught up. I’m thinking, if I do this again, I’ll make a list and post it at the end of the month J 
I’ve had a little bit of nausea this time around but nothing debilitating.  I think it mostly comes when I think about the boxed lunch that gets delivered while I’m in Chemo.  Not sure how to wipe this thought from my mind but it makes me want to vomit every time I think about it.  The box consists of a sandwich (bread, meat and cheese) with a fruit cup and baked chips of some kind.  I only ate this once and will never eat it again.  I’ve had Subway the last 3 times and now that’s starting to make me ill just thinking about it.  I think this deserves a serious WTF?! 
Bobby and I met with Dr. Jones (my surgeon) on Tuesday.  An ultra sound was done and the tumor continues to shrink.  We have tentatively scheduled my surgery for February 6th – this way I’ll get to celebrate Micah’s birthday, Bobby’s birthday and the Super Bowl.  Unfortunately I’ll miss most of the big Mardi Gras parades and festivities but sometimes you have to sacrifice.  The surgery has to be scheduled within 2-3 weeks of my last chemo which is scheduled for Jan 16th.  Of course things can change but hopefully they don’t.
Rescue the Tatas is coming together!  We have a bunch of restaurant gift cards, gift baskets, store gift cards and massage gift cards for the raffle and silent auctions.  We even have Saints Tickets!!!  If you’re in town you won’t want to miss this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment