Saturday, November 3, 2012

Nov 3

Nov 3 - I am thankful that Adam and Diane got married last night! Congratulations!! I'm thankful for your wedding for many reasons, some selfish and some not. First of all, for a couple to commit themselves to each other and tell the world that they will stick together through the good times and bad is a wonderful thing. Diane you were especially gorgeous and Adam very dapper.

Second, because I was able to attend and brave enough to go bald head and all. Third for Diane's dad, who shared a similar hair style with me and even some styling secrets. For Bobby supporting me and making me feel comfortable whether I wore a scarf, or not. For the Rescue Squad guys and their wives and girlfriends who also made me feel comfortable and who are very fun to attend a wedding with.

I continue to be kind of grossed out by the wigs. Maybe it's the ones I have or maybe it's just me but I feel ill when I put them on. I had a scarf on until about 2 blocks from the wedding, I removed it thinking it would bring more attention to me, more than my bald head! During the reception a little boy looked at me and said "You have no hair!" I said "You're right!" What a sweet heart, it was just cute of him and I know he meant no harm by it so when he asked why I told him the doctors were giving me medicine to get something bad out of my body. That was good enough for him and he ran off to play.

I am self conscious but somehow I’m able forget that I have a bald head. Until I put my hands through my hair that isn't there. Or the thought shoots through my brain and I remember. Or I see my reflection in a mirror. Or I see my shadow (even that looks different, you'd think it'd look the same as a ponytail but it does not.)  There is a bonus to having a bald head – it took me about 20 minutes to get ready versus the usual 1 hour minimum.
Cheers to Diane and Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment