Friday, November 2, 2012

Nov 1 and 2


I didn’t put 2 and 2 together yesterday but woke up this morning and realized it is November, the month of Thanksgiving.  This is definitely a time for me to remember all the things I’m thankful for and to give thanks.  I’m going to try to say what I’m thankful for every day and I will try not to pull the cancer card if I forget J

Nov 1 – I was, and am, thankful for my ability to have a positive attitude while I deal with a really tough situation.  I could mope around the house and dwell on the fact that I Have Cancer but I’m choosing not to.  I do fear that my positive attitude could kick me in the face and prove me wrong by the cancer spreading but my positive attitude also allows me to put that fear aside and ignore it.

Nov 2 – I am thankful for my mom who is here with us to help whenever and however we need.  Thirty seven years ago she gave birth to me and to this day she continues to take care of me as her baby girl. Sometimes I remind her that I’m almost 40 (holy crap!) and can do a lot for myself but she is relentless and I am thankful for a wonderful, loving, caring and selfless mom. 

2 comments:

  1. You were awake early this am, and I think I finally fell asleep about that time for another hour or so. You will always be my baby girl! 143mom
    PS November 22 will be your 4th wedding anniversary - on Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish my mom was as cool as yours.
    -Court
    PS Ok, I'll admit that she is.

    ReplyDelete